The majority of people exposed to COVID-19 only experience minor to moderate symptoms. Symptoms? Please call first at 805-540-2903 before entering a CCPN service site.
Coastal Communities Physician Network is waiving cost-sharing for medically necessary screening and testing for COVID-19 for HMO members.
CCPN follows CDC guidelines for coronavirus exposure prevention. The majority of people exposed to COVID-19 only experience minor to moderate symptoms.
Call Us at 805-540-2903 Before Entering a CCPN service site if:
- You traveled in regions impacted by coronavirus (foreign and domestic- check CDC www.cdc.gov)
- You have been exposed to someone known to be infected
- You have symptoms of temperature, coughing, sneezing, or other flu-like symptoms
San Luis Obispo Public Health "Coronavirus FAQs"
COVID-19 Section on the California Department of Public Health Website
Please call ahead to let your care provider know you may have been exposed to the coronavirus so that we can offer special attention to protect You and the Community
BFMC is serious about preventing the spread of the coronavirus. A team member will meet you at the door and escort you to a room with proper protection.
The best way to prevent illness is to get vaccinated and avoid being exposed to this virus. However, as a reminder, CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a face mask:
- The CDC recommends that face masks be worn when in public settings where maintaining a 6-foot distance from others is difficult such as grocery stores or pharmacies. Under the order of the Kern County Public Health Officer, effective immediately, self masking is required before entering any BFMC clinics. Cloth face masks are acceptable.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
For information about handwashing, see CDC’s Handwashing website.
For information specific to healthcare, see CDC’s Hand Hygiene in Healthcare Settings.
These are everyday habits that can help prevent the spread of several viruses. CDC does have specific guidance for travelers.
Here are some ideas and tips for items you need to buy in case of self-quarantine
Contact Customer Service
Call 805-540-2903 to reach CCPN’s Customer Service Department. If you have a hearing or speech impairment, use our (TTY/TDD) line at 711.